VISION The diversity of music is heard, seen and flourishing in Finland. The World Music Centre plays a strong role in facilitating the activities of individuals and communities, and in strengthening musical identities.
VALUES Equality Diversity Accessibility Freedom of expression
MISSION The World Music Centre promotes musical diversity, supports freedom of expression and serves as an expert influence in society.
KEY FOCUS AREAS, 2023-27
- Our activities support the diversity and equality of the world’s music cultures.
- We offer our experience, knowledge, and fresh experiences related to the world’s music.
- We encourage musicians from various backgrounds, including amateurs, to be creative and tell their own stories through music.
- We contribute to increasing the involvement of musicians from different backgrounds in the field of music and cultural policy decision-making.
- All our operations are based on the principles of a sustainable future.